So, you have one month of planning for your special day,
here’s a list of things still to do!
4 weeks to go
- Have your pre-wedding meeting with your photographer.
- Have final wedding dress fitting, making sure that at least one of your bridesmaids comes with you.
- Make any last-minute adjustments with suppliers.
- Have final meeting with the venue (only after the final meeting with your photographer).
2 weeks to go
- Review final RSVP list and call any guests who have not yet responded
1 week to go
- Give venue/caterer final guest headcount.
- Create your table plan and print place cards (If DIY).
- Call all wedding suppliers to confirm arrangements.
- Get a manicure, massage, waxing & all your preening and prep.
- Do full wedding dress rehearsal from underwear to veil with your bridesmaid.
- Pack an overnight bag for the reception.
- Pack for the honeymoon.
- Organise money to be paid to any suppliers on the day.
2-3 days to go
- Make last minute changes to table plan if necessary.
- Groom: Go for final fitting and pick up your formalwear.
- Groom: Ask the best man to make sure all groomsmen attend fittings and pick up their outfits.
- Confirm pick-up times with wedding Car Company.
- Reconfirm final details with all vendors. Discuss any necessary last-minute substitutions.
“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”
– Lao Tzu
1 Day to go
- Drop off place cards, table cards, menus, favours, table plan to reception coordinator.
- Provide all wedding professionals with an emergency phone number to call on the day of the wedding.
- Sort out payments (write cheques/organise cash) for any final balances to be paid at the end of the reception.
- Ensure the cake is on track to be delivered to the reception venue.
- Get a good night’s rest!
The Wedding Day!
- Give the gifts for your parents to the best man/bridesmaid for after the speeches.
- Get flowers delivered to where the bride is getting ready – not forgetting the button holes for the men.
- Give wedding bands to the best man to hold during the ceremony.
- Introduce your reception coordinator to your bridesmaid/bestman for questions or problems during the reception.
- Assign an attendant to be the photographer’s runner during the group photo session.
After the Wedding
- Prearrange for someone to return any rentals.
- Write and send thank you notes to guests and suppliers who were especially helpful.