So, you have one month of planning for your special day,
here’s a list of things still to do!
4 weeks to go
- Have your pre-wedding meeting with your photographer.
- Have final wedding dress fitting, making sure that at least one of your bridesmaids comes with you.
- Make any last-minute adjustments with suppliers.
- Have final meeting with the venue (only after the final meeting with your photographer).
2 weeks to go
- Review final RSVP list and call any guests who have not yet responded
1 week to go
- Give venue/caterer final guest headcount.
- Create your table plan and print place cards (If DIY).
- Call all wedding suppliers to confirm arrangements.
- Get a manicure, massage, waxing & all your preening and prep.
- Do full wedding dress rehearsal from underwear to veil with your bridesmaid.
- Pack an overnight bag for the reception.
- Pack for the honeymoon.
- Organise money to be paid to any suppliers on the day.
2-3 days to go
- Make last minute changes to table plan if necessary.
- Groom: Go for final fitting and pick up your formalwear.
- Groom: Ask the best man to make sure all groomsmen attend fittings and pick up their outfits.
- Confirm pick-up times with wedding Car Company.
- Reconfirm final details with all vendors. Discuss any necessary last-minute substitutions.
“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.”
– Lao Tzu
1 Day to go
- Drop off place cards, table cards, menus, favours, table plan to reception coordinator.
- Provide all wedding professionals with an emergency phone number to call on the day of the wedding.
- Sort out payments (write cheques/organise cash) for any final balances to be paid at the end of the reception.
- Ensure the cake is on track to be delivered to the reception venue.
- Get a good night’s rest!
The Wedding Day!
- Give the gifts for your parents to the best man/bridesmaid for after the speeches.
- Get flowers delivered to where the bride is getting ready – not forgetting the button holes for the men.
- Give wedding bands to the best man to hold during the ceremony.
- Introduce your reception coordinator to your bridesmaid/bestman for questions or problems during the reception.
- Assign an attendant to be the photographer’s runner during the group photo session.
After the Wedding
- Prearrange for someone to return any rentals.
- Write and send thank you notes to guests and suppliers who were especially helpful.
PLAN YOUR DREAM WEDDING
Make sure that you remember your dream wedding for all the right reasons. Download your copy of my guide to make the entire journey, from planning through to your special day and beyond, a fantastic experience:
These will help you:
Banish the worries and stress.
Choose your dream dress so that you look amazing and feel fabulous.
How to make sure that you choose the perfect venue for your perfect wedding.
Just enter your details to download now.