Lake District Wedding Photographer
Please allow me to introduce myself! My name is Paul and I am an experienced Lake District wedding photographer. For nearly 15 years, I have been photographing weddings throughout the Lake District area. I love my job because it allows me to tell your wedding story using some of the most beautiful landscapes in Northwest England as your backdrop.
I have a very unique and laid-back style that will allow me to do my job while you spend your special day celebrating your love for one another. Once I get to know you, I will be able to tell your love story in a way that is true to who you are and the love you feel for one another. I can use my Lake District photography to share your story with your family, friends, and the rest of the world.
Award-Winning Lake District Photography at Its Best!
My speciality is taking photos that are natural and unposed. While I will still capture the beautiful portraits that are traditional in most weddings, I pride myself on capturing those split-second moments. The candid moments that show your true emotions and feelings. Those are the moments that tell your story. They are rare. They are beautiful. They are the moments that tell your story. Instead of simply taking a picture, I look for the bare emotion that speaks a thousand words in one click of my shutter.
The Beauty of the Lake District
Located within Cumbria, the Lake District is known for its scenic views, stately homes, and magnificent churches. The mountains, lakes, and forests in the area provide the romantic settings for almost any type of wedding. Whether you choose an elopement wedding or are planning a large wedding where you can invite all of your family and friends.
The Lake District National Park provides natural settings for your traditional photos or any other wedding photography you may want. As your Lake District wedding photographer, I can help you find the right wedding venue to make your day truly special and amazingly unique. Boat trips, hiking trails, and gorgeous sunsets make for a one-of-a-kind wedding day that you will remember for the rest of your life.
Afraid of the Camera? No Worries!
It is my job to cater to the camera shy! I deal with my share of photo seekers. The ones who are always ready for the camera and more than willing to provide me with any pose I ask for. While they are fun to work with, it’s the ones who are shy around the camera that I seek to capture. Many times, they are the ones who are the most expressive. I will try my best to put you at ease and make you as comfortable as possible.
As your wedding photographer, it is my job to capture images, no matter how hard you try to avoid me. My advice to you? Forget that I am even there! I try to blend into the background so that most people don’t even realise I am there. As long as I can work my magic, you won’t even see me lift my camera. I want to catch the quick glimpse, the hint of emotion, and the look of love captured when you least expect it. Your wedding photos will be full of those subtle, yet emotional, moments.
Moments Captured By Me, Loved By You!
Swan Hotel, Newby Bridge
A Little About Me
Hello! My name is Paul and I will be your Lake District wedding photographer! It is my passion and my joy! For the last 12 years, I have used my skills for capturing moments to create wedding stories for couples who are looking to remember as much of their wedding day as possible. From posed portraits to candid shots, I try to provide you with a balance of images that will truly tell your wedding story.
Every wedding is fun and unique. When a couple chooses the Lake District for their wedding destination, I get to really shine. Whether you live in the area or not, I can show you some of the most beautiful scenic views in the area. For most of my life, I have looked at areas in terms of how I can use them. I have to say that the Lake District is one of my absolute favourites for my creative wedding photography!
My Awards and Achievements
I have won many awards and achievements during my time as a Lake District photographer. I can only take part of the credit, however. I follow the lead of couples I shoot. I may guide them a little, but the natural beauty that shines in my photographs would not be possible without them.
This year, I have earned Wedding Photographer of the Year 2022 from Hitched! I have also earned many Silver and Bronze Awards from the Guild of Photographers. I have received two Silver Certificates of Excellence (one in 2018 and another in 2019) from Bridebook.co.uk. I also have several 5-star ratings on many platforms like Facebook and Google!
Broadoaks Country House Hotel
The Swan Hotel and Spa, Newby Bridge
Useful Information About the Lake District
The Lake District is one area that has something to fit every couple’s needs. Mountains, streams, forests, meadows, chapels, stately homes, and exquisite floral gardens. Lake Windermere is the largest natural lake in the country and is perfect as a backdrop or for boat trips. There is also a short span of coastline if that is something you would like to include in your photos.
The entire area is rich in history. Although the area is now limited to Cumbria, up until 1974 it included areas in Westmorland, Cumberland, and Lancashire counties. These areas are often still referred to as the Lake Counties by local residents. The Lake District National Park allows for a variety of photo opportunities set against the Fells, as well as the many bodies of water.
Fun by the Lake at Lodore Falls
Just some of the Lake District’s Amazing Wedding Venues
For all of its natural beauty, there are also many elegant wedding venues to choose from.
- Merewood Country House and Hotel – Merewood Country House and Hotel offers the grandeur of a regal home with the intimate feel you get from a small, relaxed wedding. The beautiful scenic views and delicious food will make your day one to remember.
- Wordsworth Hotel and Spa – At Wordsworth Hotel and Spa, you can plan your escape! The two acres of beautiful gardens are the perfect settings for elopement weddings. Enjoy your wedding day where poets and artists were inspired by romance and beauty.
- Lake Windermere – Lake Windermere is nestled among all of the beauty the Lake District has to offer. The area is full of beautiful sights and unique things you can include on your wedding day to truly make it one-of-a-kind.
- Storrs Hall – Storrs Hall is ranked as one of the most beautiful hotels in the country. It offers all of the traditional amenities as well as those you want from a modern wedding venue. Our customer service is exceptional and we look forward to helping you make your day one to remember.
- Gilpin Lake House – Gilpin Lake House provides a once-in-a-lifetime experience in one of the most beautiful areas in our country. The beauty and style of the lake house are unrivalled and will provide you with the perfect backdrop for many of your portrait photos.
- Askham Hall – From the sprawling grounds to the delicious gourmet food, you will want for nothing when it comes to your wedding. Everything will be laid out at your fingertips so that you can enjoy every minute of your wedding day.
- Muncaster Castle – Muncaster Castle is one of the most elegant and regal of all the wedding venues throughout the Lake District. From the royal feel inside the castle to the exquisite gardens and walkways, everything about your wedding day will be perfect.
- Armathwaite Hall – Armathwaite Hall offers you a variety of choices so that you can make your wedding day as unique as you are. From the beautiful scenic vistas to the luxurious interior of the spacious hall, you will be able to create the fairy tale you have always dreamed of.
- Castle Green Hotel in Kendal – Castle Green Hotel in Kendal is one of the most beautiful places in the Lake District for a wedding or an engagement photoshoot. If you want a stress-free wedding, the Castle Green staff aims to please. The friendly staff will take care of everything so you can relax and enjoy your friends and family.
Your Lake District Wedding Photographer FAQ
How long will it take for my photos to be edited?
In most cases, it will take around 14 to 20 days for you to receive all of your edited images.
How far should I schedule in advance?
My schedule fills up quickly so I recommend that you contact me at least one year in advance.
Is there a fee for travelling?
Normally, I will not charge a fee for local weddings. If you have a destination wedding to plan for, it will depend on the distance.
How many people work with you?
I work alone. I have a very unique style and prefer to work things myself, though if you require a 2nd photographer to help capture even more documentary photos then I have you covered on that too.
Will you have more than one event scheduled on my wedding day?
No. When you hire me for your wedding photography, you will be my only client for the day.
If you have any questions then please get in touch with me!
I’ve created a separate page for frequently asked questions which can be found here.
Lake District Wedding Photographer – Paul Swift Photography