A List for the Boys: Groomsmen Duties & Jobs
Before, and on, the wedding day.
Groomsmen, just like bridesmaids generally have a few key tasks or traditional duties to fulfil. Although these are never as tough as the jobs the girls have, however they do help to ensure the bride and grooms day goes smoothly.
So here’s a list of some traditional and some contemporary – be sure to pass this list to your groomsmen!
The Ultimate List of Groomsmen Duties
- Planning the stag do.
- Attend the suit fittings – or source their own suits if required.
- Make themselves available for any little errands or pickups in the days leading into the wedding.
- Getting ready with the groom.
- Make sure the groom arrives for the ceremony on time.
- Greet guests as they arrive and guide them to their seats.
- Get to know the venue(s), so that guest’s questions can be answered.
- Generally helpful on the day and on hand to assist.
- Collect card and/or gifts from guests on the wedding day and keep them safe.
- If needed, help return the groom’s suit to the rental store (if the groom chooses a rental)
- Above all – try to be helpful and act as a good friend to the groom and calm any last minute nerves (that doesn’t mean 6 pints of beer)!
“The groom always smiles proudly because he’s convinced he’s accomplished something quite wonderful. The bride smiles because she’s been able to convince him of it.”
Here’s a few extra tasks just for the Best Man
- Prepare and deliver a Best Man speech along with a toast to the bridesmaids.
- Hold and look after the rings until it’s time to exchange them.
- Be a witness to the signing of the marriage license.
Top 10 Things You Should Know Before Choosing Your Wedding Photographer
Choosing the right wedding photographer for your wedding can be a daunting and bewildering experience. That’s why I’ve put together a helpful series of emails and articles to help you ensure that you choose the right photographer for you and your wedding day.
I do hope that will be me, however, it’s important that you make the right decision (even if that is not me) so enter your details and I’ll send you the top 10 things you should know before choosing your wedding photographer, along with my brochure to help you make the right decision for you and your wedding